Earned Paid Sick Time
Earned Sick time Bill
General information about the bill:
Name: Promoting Healthy Families and Workplaces Act, Bill No. 080474
Sponsor: Philadelphia Councilman Darrell L. Clarke (D-5)
Co-sponsor: Philadelphia Councilman William Greenlee (D- At-Large)
Committee: Committee on Public Health and Human Services
- This bill would make sure that all workers in the City of Philadelphia can earn a minimum number of paid sick days each year to care for their own health needs or the needs of their families.
- Employees would be able to earn a minimum of one hour of sick time for eavery 30 hours worked up to a minimum of 72 hours per year (9 paid sick days per year). For small businesses (10 employees or less,) employees could earn up to a minimum of 40 hours of paid sick time per year (5 paid sick days per year.)
- Employees cannot begin using the sick time until they have worked for 30 calendar days.
- Earned sick days are good for public health, smart for business and increase job security.
- This bill strengthens our communities by supporting families and workers.
What can you do?
- Call you councilperson and ask them if they will vote to support the Earned Sick time Bill.
- Send them a postcard or an e-letter
- Come to the campaign planning meeting on Saturday, February 19th at 10 am at the ACTION United office
- Join ACTION United!
- Attend the Hearing at 9 AM Tuesday March 1 at City Hall